Sunday, December 26, 2010

Applesauce Cake

I am sorry to inform all of you that I cannot share the recipe for this cake, but that doesn't mean I still cannot share it in some way!  My Aunt Peg was so kind as to give me this recipe, which was passed down through several generations of her family.  Having this recipe is something I consider an honor and a privilege!  I guess the best way to describe it is as a true fruit cake.  Someone who tried it last year described it as "like biting into fall".  It is filled with granny smith apples, golden and dark raisins, dates, walnuts, and lots of spices.  Normally I make two batches...1 at the beginning of November for Thanksgiving, and 1 during Thanksgiving for Christmas.  I wrap them very tightly in saran and foil and let them sit.  They are beyond moist when the time comes to eat them!  Every now and then we will pour apricot brandy over them once a week until it is time to eat them, and they become more of a drunk cake, but we prefer them sans the booze!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...