Monday, December 13, 2010

A Taste of Woodbury

So, this past Friday was Taste of Woodbury!  It is part of Festive Fridays, which is run by the Woodbury Merchants Association.  Many of the restaurants and food vendors in town participate, and offer samplings of their food to encourage business and patronage, while also encouraging the town to shop locally. 

I was fortunate enough, thanks to my boss and his family, to be able to participate this year as Creative Cooking by Christin!  Needless to say, I was beyond excited and thankful for the opportunity! 

In the week leading up to the event I was secretly a nervous wreck.  A lot was riding on this opportunity, and I certainly wanted to make the most of it, especially since I don't know when an opportunity like this would present itself again!  My dad and sister quickly picked up on the fact that I was nervous and pretty much functioning only on adrenaline hehe!  They were beyond supportive, and tolerated multiple trips to the grocery store, nervous rambling, and taste testing recipes (such torture).  :-P

My menu for the night included Scalloped Potatoes, Cranberry Orange Glazed Chicken, Dark Chocolate Cheesecake in a Mocha Crust, Plain Cheesecake in a Vanilla Crust, and Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Ginger Snap Crust. 

Everything received rave reviews, and my family certainly did not complain about the leftovers coming home.  I, again, want to put a thank you out there to my boss and his family for allowing me the opportunity, my dad and sister for tolerating my nerves and taste testing requests, and all of you for your encouragement and unyielding support as I move into my culinary future (whatever it may be)! 


Aunt Peg, Emily, and me...oh and some food too hehe!

Dad, Emily, and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...