I told you I am in love with grilled pizza!
I just cannot get enough of the crispy and slightly charred crust!
Ranch BLT Grilled Pizza
Yields 3 personal sized pizzas
This recipe is an adaptation of the Kitchen Aid Crispy Pizza Crust recipe. If you do not want to make your own crust, you could use a pre-made plain crust from your local grocery store, or you can buy pre-made pizza dough in a bag, which is usually found near the deli counter at the grocery store! Pillsbury also has great crusts which can be found near their biscuits and rolls in the refrigerated section of the grocery store!
1 cup water heated between 110 and 115 degrees Fahrenheit
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups flour
15 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped
3 chicken cutlets
1 large tomato, chopped,
6 tbsp ranch dressing
2 cups chopped romaine
You will also need aluminum foil for the grill!
To Prepare the Crust
1. Heat the water between 110 and 115 degrees.
2. Pour the yeast and water in a bowl or mixer, and gently mix them together.
3. Add the salt and olive oil to the bowl and gently mix.
4. Add the flour, starting with 2 1/2 cups, and adding no more flour than 3 1/2 cups total. The dough should stick together in a ball and still be slightly sticky when there is just enough flour added!
5. Coat a bowl with olive oil and place the dough ball in the bowl, turning it until the entire dough ball is coated with a thin layer of oil.
6. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place it in a warm place that is free of drafts.
7. Let the dough set for an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
To Prepare the Pizza
1. Prepare your grill by either turning it to a high setting, or getting the coals nice and hot.
2. While your grill is heating, cut three pieces of aluminum foil that are each approximately 1 foot long, and split your pizza dough into 3 equal parts, with each piece of dough going onto a piece of foil. To keep your pizza from sticking to the foil after cooking, sprinkle some corn meal on the foil!
3. Throw your chicken on the grill and cook it until it is almost cooked all of the way through. Keep in mind that it will be going back on the grill, and you will not want it to dry out! When it is done cooking, cut it into strips or cubes.
4. Spread the dough into a circle by pressing from the inside of the dough ball out with the palm of your hand.
5. When you are happy with the size and thickness of your crust, spread 2 tbsp of ranch on each crust and then pile on the toppings of your choosing - EXCEPT for the lettuce.
5. Turn down your grill to a low setting, or take the lid off for a few minutes.
6. Carry each of your pizzas to the grill by carrying it from opposite corners of the foil, and gently place it down on the grill.
7. Once all of your pizzas are on the grill, cover them and let them cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is firm and brown, and the top is firm and cooked through. The foil will stick just a little bit, so be sure you get all of it off before enjoying your meal! A little corn meal on the bottom of the crust will greatly help prevent this!
8. When your pizza comes off the grill, top it with a handful of romaine!