Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crock Pot Ribs

Once upon a time, I had a winter time hankerin' for some ribs...

Usually I am all for grilling in the snow, but today I wanted to stay toasty warm.  Remembering some of the tricks I learned over the years, I devised a plan!  This aren't your grill's ribs.  These fall apart as they come out of the pot, and essentially make pulled pork.  There is no toughness and they are lip smackin' good!  Tonight, I served them along side some fresh green beans and cornbread!

Crock Pot Ribs 
Yields 3 generous servings

Ingredients
Approximately 9 country style pork rib ends
1 jar barbecue sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 - 3 quarts of water

To Prepare the Ribs 
1. Place the ribs in a large pot and cover them with the water and vinegar.
2. Boil them over medium-high heat for approximately 1 hour.
3. After the ribs have cooked, place them in a crock pot and top them with barbecue sauce.
4. Cook them on high heat for approximately 1 1/2 hours.

It really is as simple as that!  They disappear every time I make them, and they are really good the day after, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...