Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Neglegent Blogger

Some of you have asked where I have been, and why there have not been any new posts since the week o' cheesecakes...

When I started the blog last September, I had NO idea of what I was getting myself into!  No one prepares you for starting a blog.  No one is standing there telling you how much thought and work goes into one, or how you will toss and turn all night because you don't know what to write about the next day because you felt like making "just" hot dogs for dinner.  I was not prepared for what I was getting into.  I ran myself dry mentally, and was starting to resent cooking because I was constantly worried about how I was going to present the food photographically and verbally.  Blogging made my cooking lose its appeal...

After some time away from all the world wide web has to offer, I am planning my comeback!  A regular series of blog posts will be returning on August 1st!  There will be some changes to the design of the blog, and there will be 3 weekly installments which will be posted on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. 

Mondays will be Succotash posts!  They will be a little bit of everything - new recipes, restaurant reviews, tips, a kitchen mishap or two, new grocery store finds I want to pass along to my loyal readers, my newest kitchen knife injury to my fingertips, news articles and movies that are interesting to the food world...  You name it, you will find it on Mondays!

Wednesdays I will be reinventing my favorite recipes and dishes by breaking them down and finding ways to cut the calories and fat without losing the flavor and appeal.  With these "Waist" Not, Want Not posts I will be breaking down the before and after calorie and fat counts, and hopefully will pass along some helpful tips so we can all feel like we are indulging while still watching our girlish figures! 

Fridays are all about desserts!  Every Friday I will be making something sweet for your drool inducing pleasure!  I mean really, what better way to start the weekend? 

Please check back Monday, August 1st here on the blog, catch me on foodbuzz.com, or follow me on Twitter at CookingInMinors!  In the meantime, here's what I have been up to while I have been busy not blogging...


Attended a college friend's wedding in Rochester...


I donated 12 inches of hair to Locks of Love...

Christin Repas 
My baby brother graduated from Elmira College (which we now share as our Alma Mater)


Catered my cousin's Luau themed Graduation Party...

















And seriously hit the gym as you can see in these Before...

aaaaaand after 50 pounds lost pictures....

1 comment:

  1. It is a very nice blog.. It is a resturant site...
    restaurantsecretrecipesrevealed.com is the best website where you can information about restaurant secret recipes

    restaurant secret recipes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...