Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cap'n Crunch Chicken - Revisited

This week on the cutting board, I am revisiting Cap'n Crunch Chicken.  This dinner is a very popular request at our house, but can be a little costly and results in my spending a lot of time at the gym!  I decided to make it again this week - sans the vat of boiling Crisco.  This saved my about $8.00 and god only knows how many calories, but was definitely not cut short on flavor!  With this recipe I have also eliminated the egg wash for dredging, as it cuts some calories and prevents the Cap'n Crunch crust from turning mushy (which I learned the hard way a few weeks ago)!  I usually serve the chicken along side corn on the cob and fresh fruit, which doesn't sound too horrible until I realized that it was a triple carb threat (not to mention deep fried).   This time I opted for a tossed salad!



Cap'n Crunch Chicken 
Yields approximately 4 servings

Ingredients 
2 cups of Cap'n Crunch crumbs
1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins

To Prepare the Chicken 
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Run your Cap'n Crunch through a food processor, blender, or roll it with a rolling pin to make the crumbs. 
3. Individually press each piece of chicken into the crumbs on each side twice until there is an even coating.
4. Place them on a baking sheet, and bake for approximately 20 minutes, flipping once half way through.
5. Serve with a salad and side of lite honey mustard dressing for dipping.  I also like to sprinkle a few pieces of Cap'n Crunch on the salad in place of croutons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...