Monday, August 15, 2011

Zucchini and Eggplant Fries

My uncle has been gardening like crazy this year, which has essentially created a bumper crop situation in his backyard!  Every time we see him, we leave his house with a plethora of heirloom tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and an assortment of hot peppers!  Being that my dad and I are the only ones in the house that eat any of these items, it has been a little difficult to go through it all.  The other night I bit the bullet, bought my sister a bag of chips, and made these fries to go along side our turkey burgers! I will tell you that my mandolin slicer's french fry cutter was a huge help in making these, but is not a necessary piece of equipment to make these.  You can cut the veggies into steak fries or strips very easily with a knife!



Zucchini and Eggplant Fries
Yields 5 - 6 servings

Ingredients 
1 medium eggplant, cleaned, peeled, and cut into fries
1 medium zucchini, cleaned, peeled, and cut into fries
2 cups of oil, on high heat
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
Dipping sauce of your choice, I opted for Woeber's Sweet Pepper Sauce

To Prepare the Fries 
1. After the veggies are cut, begin heating your oil over high heat. \
2. Dredge a small batch of the veggies through the eggs, and then the bread crumbs.
3. Cook them in the oil until they are golden brown and crisp.
4. Repeat these steps until you have cooked all of the fries.
5. Serve along side a sauce of your choice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...