Monday, November 29, 2010

Many Thanks!

I just wanted to take a few minutes to share my excitement over my birthday presents, and also thank those that shared my birthday with me! 

I used a gift card from my grandparents and some birthday money from a friend to buy a mandolin cutter from Kitchen Capers, which I have been loving!  It has already paid for itself in celery and onion cutting for stuffing, and also for slicing white and sweet potatoes!  It has a crinkle cut option, a waffle fry option, 2 julienne settings (1 for fries, and one for really tiny needs like salads), and multiple thickness options! 

My aunt and uncle got me a family cookbook, that let's me record the story of where a recipe comes from, and also a picture of the relative, with the recipe!  They also got me a heavy duty whip, which I cannot wait to put to use with some egg whites this holiday to make meringue cookies!

One of my friends surprised me with a package that included a silicone baking mat, and also a 23 piece piping set!  The cupcakes and cakes will runneth over with beautiful designs soon! 

Another aunt and uncle surprised me with my favorite food scented Yankee Candle.  It is called Be Thankful, and smells like a mash up of the most delicious baked goods!  It makes the house smell so yummy and warm!

My aunt and cousins got me a bag of goodies from Ulta, which I later realized are all food scented (cranberry, peppermint, vanilla, and chocolate).  I don't know if that was intentional, but I love it!  Especially the chocolate and cranberry scented goodies! 

Of course there was more, but I wanted to share all of the new and exciting kitchen and cooking related things to those of you who read and follow my blog, and knew that I was seriously itching for some cooking supplies this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...